Navneet Education has acquired Chicago-based Britannica’s Indian curriculum business for Rs 88 crore. Under the agreement, the current Britannica business unit will become an independent company within Navneet and realise considerable synergies with Navneet’s larger Indian group, Naveneet Education said in a statement.
Britannica India’s curriculum division designs and develops educational products for the Indian region used by nearly five million students across India and Indian schools abroad.
By partnering with Navneet, Britannica India’s curriculum business will expand its product range and further accelerate its growth, it added. “The coming together of the two companies will help enhance Navneet’s footprint and access to newer markets. It will also significantly augment Navneet’s intellectual property,” Navneet’s Director Anil Gala said.
The company will market Britannica’s existing India-specific curriculum titles, such as ‘Know for Sure’ and ‘The English Channel’ as well as develop new titles under Britannica’s brand, editorial supervision and guidelines for seven years.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Britannica will continue to offer in the region its digital education solutions. “We look forward to a fruitful collaboration and partnership. We intend to work closely with Navneet to find ways to benefit from our shared commitment to serve the students, teachers and schools of India,” Britannica President Jorge Cauz said.