MSBHSHE 2017 exam: After a delay of over three months, as compared to previous years, the Maharashtra State Board for Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) declared the dates for the HSC and SSC 2017 exams on Saturday. Though over the last few years, the exam dates were announced by July i.e. beginning of the academic year itself (a trend started at the insistence of former state education minister Rajendra Darda), this year there has been a delay, mainly owing to the civic elections in various parts of the state.
What Else Is Making News?
While the dates for board exams were being declared earlier to ensure that there is no fear or confusion surrounding exam dates, this year the delay happened as board officials had to first confirm the dates of the civic elections in various parts of the state. As most schools have polling booths situated in them as well as the deployment of teachers on election duties, conducting Std X or XII board exams would not be possible at this time.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, after having confirmed with the state government and Election Commission authorities, MSBSHSE has now declared that the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) examinations would be conducted from Tuesday, February 28, 2017 to Saturday, March 25, 2017 while Senior Secondary Certificate (SSC) examinations will begin on Tuesday, March 7, 2017 and go on till Wednesday, March 29, 2017. The detailed timetable is available on MSBSHSE’s official website, mahahsscboard.maharashtra.gov.in.
While the timetable for practical and oral examinations will be separately communicated to schools, board officials have said that if any concerned party has objections to the declared timetable, the same should be communicated in writing within a period of 15days.
Meanwhile, the statement released by MSBSHSE states that the timetable on the website is only for the convenience of the students. The board has also said that the final timetable of the examinations will be handed over to the students by the concerned schools/junior colleges prior to the examinations and students must cross verify the printed timetable with the online declared dates, prior to appearing for exams.
Students have been warned not to refer to any private websites or printed leaflets to get the exam timetable. Last year, about 40 students missed their HSC geography paper after they mistakenly followed the date and time schedule provided by a private computer class based in Yerawada.
For more education news, click here