THE STATE Board on Saturday announced the tentative schedule for Class X and XII examination for the academic year 2016-17. Class X examinations will begin on March 7 and go on till March 29. Class XII exams will start on February 28 and go on till March 25. The dates are subject to change. The board has directed students to check its website.
Watch What Else is Making News
The schedule comes as a relief to students and teachers following several rumours. A release by the board requested teachers and students to not believe in rumours and stick to official intimations on the website. Detailed tentative schedules for SSC and HSC (Vocational and Bifocal) have been uploaded. Compared to previous years, the announcement came late. Some tentative dates started doing the rounds on social media and the state board in September asked students to ignore rumours.
In the past five years, the board has been announcing the timetable early, by July-August so that students can begin revision early. Last year timetable was announced in July. This year the board delayed the announcement fearing clashes with civic polls.
The state board officials consulted the Election Commission of India before fixing the dates for the board exams as civic and local self-government elections are scheduled in parts of Maharashtra between December this year and February next year.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016