Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has asked for Aadhaar linkage of all accounts for availing different scholarships and other benefits by students. He also directed officials to prepare a plan to bring the University of Mumbai, Savitribai Phule Pune University and Nagpur University among the top in global rankings.
“The CM has set the target and asked to prepare a plan to bring Mumbai, Pune and Nagpur universities among top in global ranking. Aadhaar linkage of all the accounts for availing different scholarships and other benefits by students is also necessary,” an official of the Chief Minister’s Office (CMO) said today.
Fadnavis has reviewed the progress of Key Result Areas (KRAs) for departments of Primary and Secondary Education, Higher and Technical Education and Social Justice in three different meetings with ministers Vinod Tawde, Ravindra Waikar, Dilip Kamble.
Secretaries of various departments were present in these meetings, the official said. The CM also asked to make biometric attendance compulsory for all local body and aided schools and to bring all transactions on the digital mode, the official informed.
He also asked to complete the target of making 33,000 schools digital and of bringing 100 per cent learning outcome this year.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Fadnavis also reviewed progress made for Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Entrepreneurship Scheme, providing moisture security to SC farmers. “He asked officials to prepare policy for the physically challenged and senior citizens by March 17, 2017, and for giving them various facilities,” according to the official.
He said restricting school drop out rates of girl students to less than 5 per cent, developing and implementing a child tracking system, biometric attendance and digitisation for government and aided schools are some of the key result areas (KRA) set by the state education department.