The Madras High Court has directed Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) to consider representation by Association of Self Finance Agriculture Colleges seeking permission to fill up seats lying vacant as ‘lapsed seats’ for the academic year 2016-17.
Since the vacant seats should not go waste as ‘lapsed seats’, the TNAU should consider the representation of the association within 15 days, the court said recently hearing a batch of pleas filed by the Association.
The association had filed the petitions seeking a direction to the University to permit the Member Colleges of Association to fill up the lapsed seats on account of non sponsoring of candidates by the University under the Government quota and to approve the admission of such students.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The counsel appeared on behalf of the University submitted that the last date of admission has already been over on August 30 and the association had made the representation only on September 21.
The Judge who disposed the petition in his order said “….in such view of the matter and taking into consideration that the last date for admission had already been over, since the vacant seats should not go waste as lapsed seats, there will be a direction to consider the representation within 15 days, from the date of receipt of a copy of the order.