Kerala government is considering sanction of funds for disbursal of higher education scholarship to degree and post-graduate students as supplementary demand for grant, State Education Minister C Raveendranath has said.
The amount of Rs 2,374 lakhs, required for disbursing scholarships pending for the academic period of 2014-15, 2015-16 and 2016-17, would be given to Kerala State Higher Education Council as supplementary demand for grant, Raveendran had informed the assembly on Wednesday.
Replying to a submission moved by Anwar Sadath (Congress), the minister said the Council finds the amount for scholarship from the grant-in-aid, sanctioned by the government annually.
“The government had not sanctioned grant-in-aid to the council for the year 2015-16 and “that is why scholarship was not given during that period,” he pointed out.
Sadath said the delay in disbursal of the scholarship had affected students, especially those belonging to financially poor background.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
For more education news, click here