Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Vice Chancellor, Dr M Jagadesh Kumar, Monday made a pitch for stronger collaboration between the varsity and city-based National Defence Academy (NDA). “I am proud that we have a very strong collaboration between JNU and NDA and I wish you take this collaboration further as you are also alumni of JNU (NDA cadets are awarded degrees by JNU),” he said while addressing the convocation ceremony of the 131st NDA course as the chief guest.
What else is making news?
“We want more interaction between JNU and NDA and we would like you and your professors to come to JNU campus and form a strong alumni group and participate in all activities and vice versa,” Kumar said.
A total of 274 cadets were conferred the degrees from JNU, including 95 cadets in science stream, 128 in computer science and 51 in social science stream. This includes four foreign cadets, a defence release said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The chief guest was received by Air Marshal J S Kler, V M Commandant, NDA. In his convocation address, Kumar also spoke about the importance of higher education and the challenges being faced in its implementation Monday.
Squadron Cadet Captain A S Dhatt won the Commandant’s Silver Medal and COAS Trophy presented by General K Sundarji, PVSM (Retd) for standing first in Science stream with highest FGPA (Final Grade Point Average), the release said.
Cadet Raghuvinder got the Commandant’s Silver Medal and the Admiral’s Trophy presented by Admiral Suresh Mehta, PVSM, AVSM, ADC, and Chief of the Naval Staff (Retd), for standing first in computer science stream with highest FGPA.
Battalion Cadet Captain S Chauhan bagged the Commandant’s Silver Medal and the CAS Trophy presented by Air Chief Marshal N C Suri, PVSM, AVSM, VM (Retd) for standing first in Social Science Stream with highest FGPA. Squadron Cadet Captain A S Dhatt also bagged the Chief of Naval Staff Trophy presented by Admiral O S Dawson, PVSM, AVSM (Retd) for standing first amongst all the three streams.
During the ceremony a new trophy for the cadets of B-Tech course at NDA was unveiled and was presented to Air Marshal JS Kler VM, Commandant, NDA by Air Marshal A S Bhonsle, AVSM, VSM on behalf of the Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC), Headquarters Integrated Defence Staff.
The trophy will be awarded to the cadet standing first in the order of merit in B-Tech stream, which commenced in NDA with effect from June 2016. Rear Admiral S K Grewal, VSM Deputy Commandant and Chief Instructor gave the vote of thanks for the occasion.
For more education news, click here