Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry has released a notification inviting applicants for admission to Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Master of Surgery (MS) programmes for the session January 2017. Eligible candidates can apply online latest by October 26.
Watch What Else Is Making News?
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
As many as 102 seats are available for different specialisations out of which 92 are for Indian Nationals/OCI and five for sponsored candidates and foreign nationals. Of this, 71 are for MD and 31 for MS candidates.
The exam will be held on December 11, 2016, from 9 am to 12 pm. The candidates will be selected on the basis of the written test.
Educational qualification: The applicants should have a degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Selection will be done on the basis of their performance in the entrance test.
The candidate must be registered with Central / State Medical Registration Council.
Application fee:General candidates need to pay Rs 1200 while the SC/ST candidates need to submit Rs 800 through net banking. OPH Candidates are exempted from the application fee.
Applicants can download the admit cards/ hall ticket from 11 am on November 16, 2016 to 8 am on December 11, 2016.
Distribution of 92 seats for Indian Nationals/OCI in: Anaesthesiology (7), Anatomy ( 3 ), Biochemistry (4), Community Medicine (4), Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology (4), Emergency Medicine (1), Forensic Medicine (1), General Medicine (10), Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion (1), Microbiology (3), Nuclear Medicine ( 1 ), Pathology ( 3 ), Pediatrics (8), Pharmacology ( 3 ), Physiology ( 3 ), Psychiatry (1), Pulmonary Medicine (1), Radio-diagnosis (3) , Radiotherapy (3), General Surgery (9), Obstetrics & Gynaecology (9), Ophthalmology (4), Orthopedic Surgery (3) and Oto-Rhino Laryngology (E.N.T.) (3).
Distribution of 5 seats for Indian candidates sponsored by the government: Anaesthesiology (1), Emergency Medicine (1), Pediatrics (1), Psychiatry (1), Obstetrics & Gynaecology (1)
Distribution of 5 seats for Foreign National Candidates: Anaesthesiology (1), Emergency medicine (1), Immuno Hematology & Blood Transfusion (1), General Surgery (1), Orthopedic Surgery (1)
For more news on education, click here