Overseas education can be free. Many international students are exploring universities that are offering free programmes without scholarships. You just need to know where to look. This International Students’ Day, let’s figure out few options:
Germany: This country tops the list of countries having zero or low-cost tuition. Public universities like – Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg, Free University of Berlin, Frankfurt University, Humboldt-University, International University, Bremen – offer excellent degree programs. However, the catch here is that for many of these free degrees, the medium of instruction is German.
France: It is an expensive country otherwise, can be a very affordable place for higher education specially if you study in semi-urban cities like Grenoble. As is the case in Germany, the majority of programmes offering free courses are taught in the native language. Grandes Ecoles graduate schools like the Ecole Polytechnique (for science and engineering) and the Ecole Normale Supérieure (for humanities) are the Ivy League of French universities, and acceptance is usually accompanied by a full tuition scholarship and a cost-of-living stipend.
In Norway, all students from all countries do not pay tuition fees, if they are enrolled in Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D.programmes in public universities. A few top universities for you to consider are – Aalesund University College, Oslo, Akershus University Colloege of Applied Sciences, Bergen University College, BI Norwegian Business School.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Finland is another Nordic country where the State funds higher education. This also applies to the international degree students. However, some Master’s programmes may charge tuition fees from non-EU students. Some of the tuition free universities in Finland for international students are – Åbo Akademi University, University of Helsinki, University of Jyväskylä, University of Eastern Finland.
Competitive students can also look at scholarships by European Commission such as the popular Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, to provide funding for students all over the world to study in Europe at selected institutions.
Popular study abroad countries like the U.S. don’t have tuition free colleges. But they have a huge amount of financial assistance options (scholarships) for international students. Universities such as MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Chicago, etc offer full scholarships to a handful of meritorious students each year.