Team “High Voltage” from India (Gurugram) won a silver in the Regular Junior High category while Russian team received the gold in the 13th World Robot Olympiad (WRO) that concluded at India Expo Mart in Greater Noida on Sunday. The two-day international championship was based on the theme “Rap the Scrap”.
“We witnessed some path-breaking ideas and prototypes, as the students developed innovative ways of designing and programming autonomous robots. We believe this competition had a tremendous learning experience for the participants,” AS Manekar, Director General, NCSM, and Chairman Advisory Board of WRO 2016 Organising Committee.
The event was jointly organised by National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) under the aegis of the Ministry of Culture and India STEM Foundation (ISF),
The competition was held for students in the 9-25 years age group in categories — Regular category (Elementary, Junior High, Senior High), WRO Football, Open category and Advanced Robotics Challenge. About 450 teams from over 50 countries showcased innovative solutions using robotics technology to reduce, manage and recycle waste.
“The WRO holds a dear place in our hearts. I wish to point out the important role of robotics in the context of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education,” Law King Hui, Chair of the WRO Advisory Committee, said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Applying STEM knowledge in forming concrete solutions, all the while thinking creatively and critically, with the ability to communicate and collaborate with others is the essence of WRO,” Law noted.
Prior to the finals, regional competitions were held at Delhi, Lucknow, Tirupati, Thiruvananthapuram, Chennai, Kolkata, Varanasi, Guwahati, Bangaluru, Surat, Mumbai, Bhopal and Chandigarh earlier this year.