Students of the Interior Design Department of IMS Design Innovative Academy (IMS DIA) have started a restaurant at their campus called ‘Ande ka funda’, themed on the Bollywood song ‘aao sikhau tumhe ande ka funda’.
The interior of the restaurant has been designed keeping in mind the kind of food being served, which are mostly egg based. The third semester students have converted their own class room into a restaurant. The idea behind the ambiance was sustainable use of resources.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
What Else Is Making News?
Shashank Aggarwal, Faculty of Interior Design Department at IMS DIA and conceptulizer of the module said, “Students explored the furniture, light fixtures etc. in the best possible way and created them using egg trays as their principle material. It’s the interior which makes this restaurant unique with its style and dimensions.”
The idea helps in creating a cost effective and tangible interior to create an ambience. The classroom was used as a live project to explain module-ergonomics and material exploration and has now changed to a canteen. The students have converted one area of another classroom into a kitchen for the restaurant.
To turn the classroom into a restaurant, it took Rs 5000, which included the decoration material for the interiors. An additional Rs 1000 was spent for treating 15 guests on the inauguration day.
The menu is innovative, the Academy says. Since it was prepared by the students, the price list has exchange offers such as a movie for a plate of boiled eggs, an outing for an omelette or a bunk for a vegetarian sandwich.
“Design is a journey of discovery and must always be exclusive and it has to be adaptable,” Ankur Gulati, Dean, Marketing and Branding at IMS DIA said, adding, “The more strange and wonderful thoughts you let into your head the more varied source material you have to pull from, instead of using the mainstream goods our students are reusing things which are of no use and it is commendable.”
Located in Noida, the IMS DIA has is about ten years old. The school is a venture of the IMS Education Society, its academic advisors including the current faculty of NID Ahmedabad, IIM Ahmedabad and MICA. DIA awards dual certification, a bachelor’s degree recognised by UGC and a higher national diploma by Pearson Education, UK.
For more news on education, click here