The first round of the placement drive of Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Kanpur’s 2016-17 academic session will begin here from December 1 to December 22.
Around 1,200 students have registered for the first round of the placement drive, university officials said.
According to the placement cell sources, the first round will see around 300 foreign and Indian companies and Public Sector Undertakings in the placement drive.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Watch What Else Is Making News?
The second phase will take place between February to April 2017, they said.
Popular companies like Facebook, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, many Indian firms and PSUs can be expected to join the recruitment drive, the administration said. The registered students are being given tips to brush up their communication and interview skills.
IIT Kanpur’s placement drive for the previous academic session of 2015-2016 saw 90 per cent placement rate, officials added.
In related news, the pre-placement season had begun by July-August for even before the start of the new academic session for students of IIT Kharagpur with the students receiving as many as 53 pre-placement offers (PPOs) from top companies.
These offers were the result of IIT Kharagpur students having undertaken summer internships during their summer break in May-June which matured into the PPOs.
The placement season at IIT Kharagpur was slated to begin from August 6. Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, Hindustan Unilever, ITC, Nomura, Reckitt Benckiser among others, were expected.
Meanwhile, IIT Bombay had blacklisted nine companies from its placements for reason such as companies found to be fake, revoking job offers after placements, delaying the joining date or hiring for a different startup than promised.
For more news on IIT placements, click here