IIT JEE 2017: The Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2017 will be conducted on April 2, 2017 (Sunday) by the JEE Apex Board. The last date to register for the examination is January 2, 2017. The detailed notification will be released on December 1, 2016.
JEE Main is conducted by the CBSE for admission to the undergraduate engineering programmes in NITs, IIITs and other centrally funded technical institutions.
This year Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their state level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main) -2017 application form online.
From this year, Aadhaar card issued by the UIDAI has been made mandatory to fill the application form. All those students who do not possess the Aadhaar card should get apply for it. In case the card has some invalid or wrong information, it should be rectified before apply for the entrance test.
The JEE (Main) is an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs/ISM Dhanbad. IIT Madras will conduct the JEE 2017 on May 21.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
As per IIT Madras, as many as 20,000 more candidates will be eligible to write the JEE (Advanced) after clearing JEE (Main) thus taking the total number of such candidates to 2.2 lakh.
The official figures show that the number of students appearing for the entrance test have come down. In 2014, 12,90,028 appeared for the JEE (Main) while in 2015, it has come down to 12,34,760 and 12,07,058 in 2016.