CBSE has released the application form of the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) 2017 on the official website. The exam will be conducted on April 2, 2017 (Sunday) by the JEE Apex Board. The last date to register for the examination is January 16, 2017. Check out these key facts that you need to know before you file your application form for JEE Main 2017:
1) From this year, Aadhaar card issued by the UIDAI has been made mandatory to fill the application form. All those students who do not possess the card should apply for it.
2) In case the applicants who do not receive the Aadhaar card, they need to enter 28 digit Aadhaar enrollment ID printed on the slip at the time of filling online application form.
3) To qualify for appearing in exam, students need to have at least 75 per cent marks or be in top 20 percentile in Class 12 examination. For SC/ST students, the qualifying marks would be 65 per cent in the class 12 examination.
4) There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination
5) This year, JEE Advanced 2017 will be conducted by IIT Madras on May 21. The cut-off for the aggregate marks in Class 12 for SC and ST candidates is reduced from 70 per cent to 65 per cent for JEE Advanced.
For all the latest Education News, download Indian Express App nowFirst Published on: December 1, 2016 4:53 pm