The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati is accepting applications for Doctorate programmes (PhD) via distance mode in various disciplines at its campus. Interested students can apply for Doctoral programmes in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Biosciences and Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Design, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Humanities and Social Sciences, Centre for the Environment, Centre for Energy, Centre for Linguistic Science and Technology, Centre for Nanotechnology and Centre for Rural Technology.
What Else Is Making News?
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Engineering: Masters in engineering/technology/medical sciences/veterinary sciences/pharmacy in related field with at least 6.5 CPI or 60 per cent aggregate
Design: MA Arch or MDesign or MTech or ME in related field with at least 6.5 CPI or 60 per cent aggregate
Science: Masters in engineering/technology/design in related field with at least 6.5 CPI or 60 per cent aggregate
Humanities and Social Science: MA in arts/commerce/science with at least 55 per cent aggregate or equal grade
Process of selection:
Candidate selection will be based on GATE/ NET/ CEED/ INSPIRE scores. Apart from that, there will be a written entrance exam. There may be an interview round and/or a portfolio round.
Interested aspirants can apply through the official website of IIT Guwahati through the prescribed format.
Last date to apply:
Applications should be submitted latest by October 26, 2016
IIT Guwahati is the third top engineering institute in East India and the eleventh top institute pan India, according to rankings released by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in March, 2016.
For more news on education, click here