Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) will offer free counselling for students who appeared for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced 2016 to help them choose engineering branches in IITs.
The counselling will be done through IITGN’s JEE Open House sessions scheduled to be held on June 5 and June 18, 2016.
After clearing JEE Advanced, students get many choices of different engineering branches in different IITs. This opens up multiple combinations of branches in different IITs making it difficult for the students to make the best choice.
Apart from this, parents get curious about the IIT system and what their children would be going through for the next four years at the institute.
- IITs turn down govt proposal to let NTA hold JEE (Advanced)
- JEE Advanced 2018: Mock tests released at jeeadv.ac.in
- JEE Main 2018: From selection process to exam pattern, key changes in paper over the years
- JEE main 2018: Eligibility, exam dates, application process, all you need to know
- JAB decides 4,000 more students eligible for JEE Advanced 2018
- IITs continue to resist IISER bid for joint counselling
The Open House at IITGN aims to counsel both the students and parents regarding such concerns.
The sessions will involve interactions with IITGN faculty members, Dean of Student Affairs and Academic Affairs and the institute’s Director.
IITGN has been organising JEE Open House after the JEE Advanced results. This year the institute is introducing an early session before the results.
IIT JEE Advanced was held on May 22 and the results will be declared on June 12. The beginning of choice filling is scheduled to begin on June 20. A campus tour will also be organised for the participants of the sessions.
Students and parents who are interested in taking part in the sessions can register themselves at the IITGN Website http://www.iitgn.ac.in or directly contact the event coordinators Homit Pal: 0998372731 or Rushil Vispute: 09714166524.
For more news on education, click here