IIT Guwahati has invited participation of schools of the north eastern states for the upcoming two-week residential central ‘Ishan Vikas’ programme. The scheme is open for students of Class IX and Class XI science stream for the programme to be held between November 30 and December 22 next, an IIT-G press release said on Wednesday.
Watch What Else is Making News
Selected students and accompanying teachers will be provided air travel, food and lodging during the period of the visit, the release said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Stating ‘Ishan Vikas’ scheme is an initiative taken by the Union Human Resource Development Ministry, it said IIT Guwahati was the coordinating institution for this programme.
The aim of the ‘Ishan Vikas’ programme is to introduce school children of the north eastern states to the best institutions of higher education in the country and to motivate them to pursue science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Under this scheme, students from different states of the north eastern region studying in classes IX and XI (Science) are sponsored for a two-week visit to a number of premier institutions such as IITs and Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs).