Emphasising the importance of journalism courses in regional and local languages, Director General of Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) KG Suresh today said the premier institute will also have journalism course in local vernacular.
Inaugurating a two-day national seminar on “Media, Technology and Power of Politics : The Indian Conventicle,” Suresh said “It is utmost important to bring back objectivity to the media in the country”.
He said substitution of good old field reporting by panel discussion in the television is a great loss to the nation. Technology shift in journalism had come around as social media had become fodder for the news, he said, adding that while he does not believe in any regulation of media by the state, there should be self-regulation.
The seminar, organised by the Department of Mass Communication, Mizoram University, was attended by academicians from the Mizoram University and other states.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More