The Social Informatics Research Group of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta has taken up a project to build the next-generation of collaborative and responsive rural community by digitally empowering them. The objective of the project, NCoRe, is to analyse and measure the strength and influence of smart-phone enabled social information systems on the socio-economic performance of self-help groups, the micro-communities in rural India.
One of its long-term objectives is to empower the rural community and enhance their participation in not only improving their livelihood but also help the government with local situational information during any natural or man-made disaster.
Panasonic India is partnering with Social Informatics Research Group in this project whose objective is to train 50 SHG members of Kandi SHG Federation, Murshidabad on the use of smart phones which will subsequently harness the potential of digital connectivity and enable community participation in governance.
Panasonic India has donated 50 smart phones for this project to study the usage of smartphone-enabled social information system by the SHG members and its effectiveness in improving their livelihood.
The Heritage Institute of Technology is also one of the project implementation partners and Bharti Airtel has given low-cost corporate mobile connections to these phones.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Somprakash Bandyopdhyay, Professor, MIS Group and Research Director, Social Informatics Research Group, IIMC said that the NCoRe would primarily address the current problem of the information gap between rural SHGs and the urban market.
This project is a part of a larger project funded by Information Technology Research Academy.
For more education news, click here