After introducing PG Certificate programme in General Management, Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM-C) has come up with Post Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management (PGCHM).
This one-year residential course is tailor-made for the healthcare practitioners and administrators. PGCHM combines classroom-based academic modules with hands-on experience through industry immersion programme. It draws upon a reputed network of healthcare service providers for an effective delivery of the programme in both its dimensions – the academic and the field-based learning.
The objectives of PGCHM are training the participants in managerial leadership, making them familiar with innovation and entrepreneurship in Indian healthcare sector, sensitising the participants with the macro policy context both global and national and inculcating comparative framework.
Professor Uttam Kumar Sarkar, Dean, New Initiatives & External Relations, IIM Calcutta, said, “The programme aims at augmenting the grossly inadequate availability of healthcare management professionals formally trained in fundamentals of management principles and practices necessary to meet the challenges the profession demands.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The programme design consists of two main components — classroom-based on-campus teaching and capstone projects, and off-campus industry immersion. Besides the IIM Calcutta faculty, professionals from the healthcare industry will guide the students.
The first batch will commence in April 2017 and the applications for PGCHM will be open through November-December 2016.
Medical practitioners and administrators with MBBS/BDS/BAMS degree or the equivalent recognised by UGC/AICTE/MCI and students having degrees in pharmacy, biotechnology and life sciences are eligible to apply.
The candidates should have a minimum of two years of experience in the healthcare sector by the start of the programme.