This year’s summer placement for the PGP class of 2016-18 of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) was dominated by management consultancy and FMCG companies. Investment and international banks also took interest. However, there was limited offers the e-commerce websites. The recruitment drive was completed during November 7-10.
A total of 402 students participated in the placement while over 150 companies came to hire students for summer stint in multiple roles such as management consulting, investment banking, markets, corporate banking, sales and marketing and so on.
Accenture Strategy, among the management consulting space, was the largest recruiter with 20 offers. The Boston Consulting Group with 15 offers, A.T. Kearney with 13 offers, McKinsey & Co. with 10 offers, Bain & Company with 8 offers and Strategy& with 7 offers were the other major recruiters this year.
More than 30 per cent of the entire batch received offers in the management consulting sector, which also included reputed names like Deloitte, Roland Berger, Alvarez & Marsal, PWC Diamond Consulting, GEP, Hay Group, Synergy Consulting and Feedback Infra Consulting.
Another striking feature of the process was that more than 30 firms visited IIMB for hiring for the first time. Some of these included Arthur D. Little, BayCurrent Consulting, Auctus Advisors, Gates Foundation, United Breweries, Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages, NRI Consulting, Danaher, RPG Group, MasterCard Advisors, Visa, Mytrah Energy, Renew Power, Biocon, Next Education, Medtronics, GroupM, Wadi.com, Treebo Hotels, PharmEasy, CATKing, Rakshak Foundation and Zimmer.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
IIMB played host to most big international banks such as Barclays, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, JP Morgan, Deutsche Bank, Development Bank of Singapore and Standard Chartered on the first day of the Summers Placements. Private Equity/Venture Capital roles by Blackstone, Temasek Holdings, IDG Ventures and Brand Capital were offered to the students. BNY Mellon and Arpwood Capital were among the first time recruiters in this domain. A host of Indian banks and financial institutions such as Avendus Capital, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank and AVIVA also made offers during the Placement process.
IIM Bangalore is also simultaneously hosting the summer recruitment process for IIM Vishakhapatnam PGP Class of 2016-18 with 60 per cent of applicants already placed.
Many students also chose to go to Sales and Marketing functions, and were extended offers by major consumer goods and services firms. Major recruiters in this category were Procter and Gamble with 11 offers, Hindustan Unilever Limited (7), Johnson & Johnson (7), Mondelez (6), Asian Paints (5). The other recruiters in this space included Phillips, Coca Cola, ITC, Times Group and Wipro Consumer Care. Telecom majors Bharti Airtel made 11 offers and Vodafone made 3 offers. The major retail firm from Middle East – M.H. Alshaya – also recruited this year.
Prominent recruiters in the technology space was led by Microsoft with 7 offers. The other recruiters included Microland, Sutherland Global, Infoedge, Zynga, Visa, Play Games and Directi. In the IT consulting domain, prominent recruiters like Cognizant Business Consulting, IBM and Capgemini visited the campus.
Aditya Birla Group with 9 offers was the highest recruiter in this space.
Professor Ganesh Prabhu, Chairperson, Career Development Services, IIM Bangalore said, “The absence of major e-commerce recruiters did not have an impact on the Summer Placement Process due to the renewed interest from FMCG companies.”