IGNOU won the Grand Finale of The Sweden India Nobel Memorial Quiz 2016 at Indraprastha College for Women October beating the finalists from Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune rounds to become title holders and claim the weeklong trip to Sweden.
The team of three: Ambuj Singh, Sunny Aryan and Kisalay, made their college proud by winning the finale where 11 teams had participated. The 11 city annual intercollegiate quiz competition saw avid quizzers from across reputed colleges and technical institutes of all the participating cities.
The Principal of College Indraprastha College for Women said: As the venue partner for the second year in succession, the College is not only delighted with the response and the anticipation created around the Quiz among students, but also lauds the opportunities provided for them to explore their talent across the many events organized around it”.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The winning team has won an all-expense paid trip to Sweden where they will visit the headquarters of global Swedish companies, Swedish Universities and the Nobel Museum among other things. “We are extremely excited to have won the Grand Finale. We have received immense support from our college to reach his position. Sweden India Nobel Memorial Quiz has been giving us this opportunity to prove our intellectual skills. The prize will also give us an opportunity to visit Sweden and the renowned Swedish Companies” said team member of IGNOU.
Quiz Master Kunal Savarkar hosted the qualifying and the Grand Finale round.
Ahead of the Grand Finale, reputed colleges and technical institutes from Delhi and from other cities of north India competed for the Delhi qualifying round earlier in the day. The Delhi qualifying round was won by IGNOU. This year, the interest generated in Delhi and surrounding areas has crossed all expectations and estimates.
The first and second runner-up of the Grand Finale won a visit to Swedish Aerospace giant, Saab’s stand at AERO INDIA 2016.
Partnering Swedish companies for this year’s Sweden India Nobel Memorial Week are Embassy of Sweden, ABB, Atlas Copco, Ericsson, IKEA, SAAB, Scania, SEB, TetraPak, Volvo Cars and Volvo Group and the SME partners Blueair, Camfil and CleanMotion. The Embassy also partners with KLM / Air France for the Nobel week.
The Sweden India Nobel Memorial Week is a high-profile, multi-city, multi-activity annual event organized by the Embassy of Sweden in India in cooperation with several Swedish companies. The Week is instituted in memory of Swedish innovator, entrepreneur and philanthropist Alfred Nobel. It also celebrates the contribution of Indian Nobel Laureates as well.
The theme for the tenth edition of The Sweden-India Nobel Memorial Week is Swedish contributions “Sweden Makes in India”, including sustainability and innovation and will take place across Indore, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, Bhubaneswar, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Guwahati and New Delhi between August 10 – October 07, 2016.