An HRD ministry committee probing alleged misappropriation of ‘Sarva Siksha Abhiyan’ funds by an NGO run by activist Teesta Setalvad is learnt to have raised questions over the manner in which the amount was allocated by the previous UPA government. According to officials, the committee comprising Supreme Court lawyer Abhijit Bhattacharjee, Gujarat Central University Vice Chancellor S A Bari and a Ministry official Gaya Prasad was formed to look into allegations against the NGO Sabrang Trust, based on a complaint.
“The committee has raised questions over the manner in which the funds were provided to the NGO,” a source said. It is learnt that the NCERT, which was the appraiser of the particular project, had raised some objections yet the Ministry sanctioned Rs 3 crore for the project.
Sources said that while the committee has not found any misappropriation of the funds, it has blamed the ministry for the manner in which the amount was sanctioned in the previous dispensation. When contacted, a senior ministry official confirmed that the committee had submitted a report but refused to comment on the findings.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations