The Union HRD ministry has sought the response of (AMU) Vice Chancellor Zameer Uddin Shah over certain allegations of financial and other improprieties made against him.
Officials said that the VC’s response was sought after President Pranab Mukherjee gave his approval for a probe into allegations made in a complaint against Shah.
The nod of the President, who is also the Visitor to the University, comes on a proposal from the HRD Ministry to which former Janata Dal MP Wasim Ahmed had given a memorandum seeking a probe into allegations against the VC, it is learnt.
As first reported by The Indian Express on October 4, the HRD Ministry had dispatched a file to Rashtrapati Bhavan seeking a probe into allegations of financial, administrative and academic irregularities against Shah.
— Illegal transfer of funds collected from students from the university account to the account of a private trust named Sir Syed Educational Foundation.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
— Appointment of a retired brigadier as the university’s pro V-C, even though UGC regulations mandate that the position be occupied by a professor. His appointment was done by the V-C by invoking his emergency powers.
— Appointment of ineligible candidates. Assistant professors were appointed against vacant position of professor and associate professor.
— Collapsing law and order on campus.
Shah has denied the allegations against him. Mukherjee had also given his nod for a similar probe against Allahabad University Vice Chancellor R L Hangloo, against whom also certain allegations were made.
Sources said that the Allahabad University VC’s response in this regard has also been sought.