Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey today inaugurated the ninth hostel of the Mizoram University called, ‘Senhri Hall of Residence’ at the University campus near Aizawl, an official statement today said.
The girls hostel was constructed with Rs 578.36 lakh received from the University Grants Commission to accommodate 100 students.
Pandey discussed issues related to students with state Higher and Technical Education Minister R Romawia and senior officials of the department, the statement said.
The union minister was apprised of the problems faced by students due to compulsory online application of scholarships because of slow Internet connectivity and Pandey promised to take up the matter with his ministry.
For more education news, click here
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016