The Himachal Pradesh government has decided to close 99 primary schools that have less than five students enrolled. The students in these schools would be shifted to schools in adjoining areas. The Cabinet has given its nod to the proposal as it was observed that schools with five or less students were not conducive for the overall growth of the child as he or she learns more in the company of others in the same age group.
The government has been opening schools without making any need-based survey on the pretext of facilitating primary education at the door step but this is proving counterproductive as enrollment was abysmally low, a senior officer of the education department said.
Principal secretary (education) R D Dhiman confirmed that the cabinet has given nod to closure of these schools and students would be shifted to schools in adjoining areas.
There are about 25,000 teachers in 10,710 primary schools with enrollment of 3,23,387 and the teacher–student ratio was worked out at 12.95.
The teacher-student ratio was satisfactory but the deployment has not been done in a proper manner creating gaps, and 1,343 schools have single teacher while 6,324 schools are being run by two teachers, as per the U-Dise report for 2015-16.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A total of 4,677 schools have less than 20 students and 4,912 schools have 21 to 60 students in five classes in primary section, it said.
For more education news, click here