Young school going innovators will soon get a platform to showcase their ideas what with the DST (Department of Science & Technology) launching the INSPIRE-MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and Knowledge) scheme next year, that will be implemented by Ahmedabad-headquartered National Innovation Foundation (NIF).
This was announced by President Pranab Mukherjee as he gave away the ninth Dr A P J Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards 2016 to 31 innovative students on Monday at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
He also said that the INSPIRE-MANAK scheme would boost the IGNITE model developed by NIF- an autonomous body of DST and by Honey Bee Network which awards student innovators on APJ Abdul Kalam’s birthday on October 15. Started in 2008- 173, the awards have been given to 246 students for their ideas/innovations at the IGNITE awards.
“Taking forward the ‘INSPIRE’ program run by DST, now under the new scheme, around 10 lakh innovative ideas will be scouted from five lakh schools across India and from them, one lakh will be awarded Rs 5,000. Further, the NIF will help turn innovation of school going students into proof of concept stage. This initiative will be launched in a full fledged manner on April 1, 2017. Also, around 1000 best innovations will receive Rs 20,000 from NIF,” said Vipin Kumar, Director and Chief Innovation Officer at NIF.
This year more than 55,000 submissions were received from 458 districts of the country for Ignite awards and an exhibition to showcase all award-winning ideas by young innovators was held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in Delhi, in which two innovators from Gujarat were also present.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
For more education news, click here