The Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on November 27 laid foundation stone of the new campus of Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences and said the government plans to set up a fishery science college here.
Haryana Government will set up fishery science college in Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences here which would provide employment opportunities to the youth, he said. Khattar was speaking after laying the foundation stone of the new campus of the university. Since livestock is as important as human life, it should be promoted, he said.
The state government has given approval for setting up of regional livestock centres in the districts of Karnal and Mahendragarh, he said. Soon, a livestock centre would be set up in Keorak village of Karnal district, he said.
The Chief Minister said concerted efforts were being made by the state government to realise the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to double the income of farmers of the country.
Talking about milk production, he said that the per capita milk availability in the state had increased to 835 grams this year as compared to 805 grams last year whereas the per capita milk availability in Punjab is 937 grams.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He urged researchers to work towards increasing milk productivity. Noting that the university has developed ‘Hardhenu’ breed of cow with 35-40 litres per day milk yield, he appreciated the work done by the university and assured full help in such endeavours.
After laying the foundation stone of the new campus of the university, the Chief Minister said that 1,125 acres of land had been provided for the new campus.