Harvard University is keen on inviting West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to hear about her experiences of the Singur anti-land acquisition movement and other aspects of the sociopolitical struggle, Trinamool Congress (TMC) national spokesperson Derek O’ Brien said today.
“Recently, I had an interaction with the students of Harvard University Kennedy School of Government. My lectures were focused on the Singur movement, covering all aspects of the sociopolitical struggle led by Mamata Banerjee to the historic Supreme Court judgment a few weeks ago,” O’ Brien, who is currently on a tour of US, said in a statement.
Students of the prestigious university, who are organising their annual India-centric programme in February 2017, were keen to have Mamata Banerjee deliver the keynote address at the event, he said.
“It is, however, unlikely that the Bengal Chief Minister will accept their invitation for February as she is planning a trip to the US in the latter half of 2017. Boston, where Harvard, MIT and Tufts universities are situated, is likely to be a stop on the proposed US tour,” O’ Brien said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The TMC leader has, in the last two years, conducted similar interactive sessions in Yale, Columbia, IIMs, IIT, National Law School and other institutions in India and abroad on Singur, Banerjee’s mass movements and other current aspects of parliamentary democracy.
For more education news, click here