AT LEAST 234 students have applied for fresh admissions to first year junior college (FYJC) seats, even after 12 rounds of centralised admissions that ran until the first week of October. The new applications have left officials perplexed. This year has seen the highest number of rounds of admissions for FYJC seats so far. This is because the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) committee continuously received complaints by students about not getting desired colleges.
Given the decision by the state government on orders of the High Court to fill all seats online, the admissions process was inordinately delayed due to multiple rounds of online admissions. Despite this, nearly 234 students have now sent applications for fresh admissions to the Deputy Director of Education, Pune, who heads the CAP committee. CAP officials have vehemently denied rumours that these admissions are being done offline in backdoor operations.
The rumours allege that forms were filled by the CAP committee without declaring the process officially or putting up details online. “If students come to us with complaints or requests for admissions, we cannot directly deny them. That’s why we got forms filled so we can send them to the state government. Some students have said that they did not fill the form even once while some students said that they took admission in diploma courses but couldn’t cope up there,” said Meenakshi Raut, assistant director of education, Pune.
Raut said that these students are now asking for admissions but the process had been declared closed for this academic year.
“Half the academic year is already over, so we are not sure what to do with these students,” said Raut.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
She added that CAP officials have written to the state government asking for directions as to whether these students should be asked to wait till next academic year or if they are to be adjusted in this year.