Punjab deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal Tuesday announced that sports schools will be opened in every district of the state to hone and prepare young talents for major sports events.
“Sports schools will be opened in all districts of the state. Here, students will be imparted free coaching by experts and they can complete their education from these schools. They will be provided hostel facilities as well,” he said while addressing a gathering at the Dr BR Ambedkar 6th World Cup Kabaddi 2016 match in Begowal, Punjab.
The schools will prepare the children for big sporting events, he said.
Presently, two sports schools are operational in Bathinda and Jalandhar. “By next year, an ultra modern sports stadium would be constructed in Begowal in Kapurthala district at a cost of Rs 2.5 crore,” said Sukhbir, who is also the state sports minister.
The government has set up the Punjab Institute of Sports (PIS) at Mohali. It has has all the modern coaching facilities and is one of its kind institute in the country, he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“More than 5,000 sports persons are being trained at the institute,” Sukhbir claimed.
The deputy chief minister said, “The Punjab government’s target is to have maximum number of sports persons from Punjab in 2020 Tokyo Olympics’ India contingent.”
For more education news, click here