The Aam Aadmi Party government on November 2 told Delhi High Court that there was more than adequate number of teachers in schools aided by it. The Delhi government told a bench of justices Badar Durrez Ahmed and Ashutosh Kumar that the prescribed student-teacher ratio was 35:1, but in schools aided by it the ratio was 33.9:1, which was much better.
The submission was made in an affidavit filed by the government stating that for 2015-16, the total number of students in aided schools was 1,60,909 and the total number of teachers was 4,745.
“This means that ratio of students to teachers was 33.9:1 which is better than the prescribed ratio of 35:1,” the court noted.
The bench also noted that the issue of post fixation, which is necessary for distribution of teachers in various government schools to maintain the prescribed student-teacher ratio, has also been addressed by the government.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The Delhi government told the court that earlier the exercise of post fixation was not being done, but since 2014 it was being carried out and would continue to be done in future as well.
In view of the submissions made by the government, the bench disposed of a PIL which had claimed that there was inadequate number of teachers in government aided schools and post fixation exercise was not being carried out.