Delhi University’s St Stephen’s College Saturday announced its first cut-off list for admissions to the 2016-17 academic session. This year, the highest cut-off is for English Honors, at 99 per cent for Commerce students.
Last year, the cut-offs for English (Hons) were the highest at 99 percent for Commerce, 97.75 per cent for Science and 97.50 for Humanities.
For History, Mathematics, Sanskrit and Philosophy, the cut-offs are 98, 97, 80 and 97 per cent, respectively for Commerce students.
The college has received 21,400 applications this year for a total of 400 seats. Last year, it had received 32,100 applications for the same number of seats.
- DU admissions 2017: St Stephen’s cut-offs dip, college plans to call more students for interview
- DU admissions 2017: St Stephens releases cut-off list, English and economics at 98.5 per cent
- DU Admission: Need 99% to study English at St Stephen’s
- DU admissions: You need 99 per cent to study English at St Stephen’s College
- St Stephen’s sets the bar: Cut-offs for economics, English at 98%
- St Stephen’s releases its first list,rise in cut-offs up to 1 per cent
English and Economics are the most sought after courses, with the college receiving 4,000 and 3,500 applications for 30 and 50 seats respectively.
The college offers Honours courses in Economics, English, History, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Chemistry, along with Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Science (BSc) pass courses.
According to college authorities, the process of double registration was the reason behind fewer applications this year.
From this year, those applying to St Stephen’s have to first fill the centralised university form and then fill the college’s online form.
While the college earlier used to enroll students on the basis of cut-offs and a personal interview, a 30-minute aptitude test was introduced last year.
For the second year in a row, St Stephen’s College college has also hiked its fees. Admission fees for undergraduate courses for each semester has been increased from Rs 2,425 to Rs 2,635.