The Directorate of Education (DoE), Delhi has issued directives to private schools in the city to arrange for students to visit the Election Musuem so as to gain electoral knowledge. In a letter issued to school managements, the DoE has said that schools may organise a visit to the museum on a voluntary basis.
The museum has been developed in the office premises of the Chief Electoral Officer, Delhi, Old St. Stephan’s College Building, Kashmere Gate, so as to create an environment of learning to know about the country’s electoral legacy, management and-views of Mahatma Gandhi on democracy and the election process, the official statement says.
The museum shall be open to the general public and students from 11 am to 4 pm on all working days. “The school children, especially, students of secondary, senior secondary classes who are aspiring voters in near future will find it very useful,” the communication says.
The DoE has stated that the schools are required to contact election officials to book visit for their students through the Election Commission website in advance.
“All the Heads of Private Unaided Recognized Schools of Delhi, who desire VOLUNTARILY to arrange visits of their students to said Election Museum, are hereby advised to contact Sandip Dutta, Election Officer (SVEEP) on phone No.23946414 or email id firstname.lastname@example.org for further query/clarification.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“For prior booking of time of visit, a website http://www.ceodelhi.gov.in/electionmuseum has been created for facilitating the visit,” the release says.
For more education news, click here