Much to the respite of parents running for nursery admission, the Delhi Government has scrapped the management quota in the private schools. The only quota that will now remain is the 25 per cent seats set aside for children from the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced on Wednesday.
While addressing a press conference, Kejriwal spoke about setting guidelines for nursery admission process in private schools. “We have taken a major decision in order to make admission process in private schools transparent and pro-people,” Kejriwal said.
The Directorate of Education (DoE) has been asking the unaided recognised schools to develop and adopt criteria for admission which shall be clear, well-defined, equitable, non-discriminatory, unambiguous and transparent. “But we were surprised to see the criteria set by schools for the nursery admission process. Some schools decided to give preference to students whose parents know painting, or music, or have reserved huge quota for a sibling. We have scrapped 62 criteria of admission process in private schools that were unreasonable and discriminatory, ” said he.
Kejriwal criticised the management quota and said, “Management quota is the biggest scandal which deprives common people. Delhi government is passing an order to abandon management quota. If the school managements object, the government will go to court, he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched