Much to the respite of parents running for nursery admission, the Delhi Government has scrapped the management quota in the private schools. The only quota that will now remain is the 25 per cent seats set aside for children from the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced on Wednesday.
While addressing a press conference, Kejriwal spoke about setting guidelines for nursery admission process in private schools. “We have taken a major decision in order to make admission process in private schools transparent and pro-people,” Kejriwal said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The Directorate of Education (DoE) has been asking the unaided recognised schools to develop and adopt criteria for admission which shall be clear, well-defined, equitable, non-discriminatory, unambiguous and transparent. “But we were surprised to see the criteria set by schools for the nursery admission process. Some schools decided to give preference to students whose parents know painting, or music, or have reserved huge quota for a sibling. We have scrapped 62 criteria of admission process in private schools that were unreasonable and discriminatory, ” said he.
Kejriwal criticised the management quota and said, “Management quota is the biggest scandal which deprives common people. Delhi government is passing an order to abandon management quota. If the school managements object, the government will go to court, he said.