In a move to radicalise the workings of school administrations under the Delhi Government, a plan is being chalked out in which teachers, students and parents can now have a more interactive relationship with the use of technology. Also, all Delhi government school teachers will be given tablets in the New Year to help in matters of attendance and tabulation of marks.
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, who also holds the profile of Minster of Education has asked the Education Department to prepare a proposal with a detailed plan to provide tablets to the 50 thousand teachers including guest teachers working in Delhi Government schools and 100 education officers of the department. The idea behind providing the tab to teachers is to reduce their clerical time preparing attendance sheet and results.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Adviser to the Education Department Atishi Marlena said that many teachers complained about clerical burden on preparing attendance sheet, results and maintain other records on papers. By early next year, the teachers will prepare the attandence of students in their class on their tab. And it is not only attendance, the tab will have special feature of bulk SMS which will send daily report of attendance of the child to their parents whether the child has come to the school or not.
Many parents during the parent-teacher meetings have complained that they send their children to school but are not sufficiently informed about their presence or absence in the classroom. The attendance made on the tab will send bulk SMS of that class room to the respective parents.
Other than attendance, the tab will also be used by teachers to prepare results reduce the time and burden of paper works and any school will be able to print the results in their school. Teachers will also be given data packages to use the tab for app and their work and gradually, more apps will be made available to the teachers on the tab.