While the city is reeling under heavy pollution level, some schools in the Capital have either shut down till Monday or have suspended morning assembly and sports day celebrations. Shri Ram Schools in Delhi and Gurgaon have suspended classes till Monday. However, Classes 10 and 12 students will have to come to the school as per the schedule.
Shri Ram School authorities sent a message to the parents, “This is to inform you that on account of high pollution levels in the city, the school will remain closed on Friday, 4th November and Monday, 7th November 2016. To keep the children gainfully occupied at home, academic-related worksheets will be uploaded on academic resources on the parent portal.”
Another school, Nirmal Bhartia has sent messages to parents announcing postponement of the sports meet scheduled to be held on this Saturday. Anshul Bawa, father of a upper KG student, said, “We got the message that in view of the dust haze and air quality, the school has postponed the sports day and they will revert with a new date shortly. I feel all schools should close down as the air smog is unbearable and children are most vulnerable to such things.”
Tagore International School in Vasant Vihar has also postponed its sports day.
Heritage School in Gurgaon has also suspended classes from tomorrow in light of the critical weather condition. “As facts stand today, the outdoor PM 2.5 count in the school is 1,000 micrograms per cubic metre and the indoor air quality is between 700 and 900 micrograms per cubic metre. We’re probably the least affected, being in a far more open and less inhabited area, compared to the more interior parts of Gurgaon, which would be much worse,” said a message for parents sent by The Heritage School, Gurgaon.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Ridge Valley School in Gurgaon has postponed a students’ trip to the Rail Museum due to poor air quality.
This is the worst smog with very poor visibility in 17 years and the Indira Gandhi International Airport recorded the worst levels of smog in 17 years on November 2, with visibility as low as 300-400 metres, Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) today said citing a report of the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
CSE also asked the Delhi government to issue health alerts and convey that children should stay indoors as there is a state of health emergency due to peaking air pollution.
— with inputs from PTI