Doordarshan and Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) have entered into an agreement for transmission of four Gyan Darshan educational channels. Gyan Darshan ran successfully till June 2, 2014, but was shut down by ISRO to facilitate its migration from INSAT 3C to GSAT-10.
Watch What Else Is Making News?
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
IGNOU now needs to apply for a fresh license to start the uplinking of its channels for GSAT-10 satellite, as under the Uplinking and Downlinking Guidelines of the I&B Ministry, it is not eligible for the grant of a license.
“IGNOU requested Doordarshan to apply for the necessary license and permissions for the Gyan Darshan channels. Through this MoU, Doordarshan has acceded to the request of IGNOU and agreed to apply for and obtain the necessary license and permissions as are required for the telecast of Gyan Darshan channels from IGNOU Earth Station, Delhi to operate in C-band from GSAT-10,” an official statement said.
Supriya Sahu, Director General, Doordarshan said this partnership would ensure that the educational channels of IGNOU reach and benefit millions of students across the country. IGNOU VC Prof Ravindra Kumar thanked DD for supporting it in reviving Gyan Darshan.
In other news, the Union Human Resource Development Ministry yesterday gave the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) autonomous powers originally proposed in the IIM Bill by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
For more news on education, click here