To commemorate the visit of John McCallum, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, Canada, DataWind on Monday signed two Memorandums of Understanding (MoU), one with A K Education Pvt. Ltd and the other with Carleton University in the presence of the minister, who also visited DataWind Innovations, a manufacturing facility in Amritsar. The MoU was signed for testing of DataWind’s patented technology, software solutions and products across India.
Watch What Else Is Making News?
“My mission to India is an ideal opportunity for us to share knowledge and expertise in key areas, including technology and education. We are proud that Canada-based company DataWind has become India’s largest tablet player and is contributing immensely in the field of education by offering rich content to the Indian student community,” McCallum said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“I and the entire team of DataWind are extremely humbled by the presence of John McCallum who has taken his time out to visit our Amritsar facility. On behalf of all of us at DataWind, I thank the minister and members of his delegation for their presence here,” Suneet Singh Tuli, president and CEO, DataWind Inc., said.
DataWind Innovations also signed an MoU with Canada-India Centre of Excellence at Carleton University, Ottawa at the occasion.
The Memorandum is to facilitate and promote co-operation between DataWind Innovations and the Carleton University, with a view to supporting and imparting knowledge through technology, research collaboration and other forms of academic partnerships.
To meet the educational challenges in India, DataWind is working towards addressing the key demands of a large population, whose poor communities often face disproportionally high illiteracy rates.
The company is focused on expanding the roll-out of its tablets for students which are designed to be affordable, deliver educational content and free apps, and also to provide internet access at the lowest cost or for free, where possible.
For more education news, click here