Consulting sector had the highest share of 24 per cent at the summer internship programme of the PGDM course at IIM Calcutta.
Summer Placements for the class of 2018, which concluded last week at the prestigious institute, witnessed out of over 460 summer internship offers made on campus by Mckinsey & Co., Bain & Co., The Boston Consulting Group, AT Kearney and Accenture Strategy, a statement released by the institute said.
Finance continued to be one of the most sought-after domains among students with 23 per cent of the batch securing internships in the BFSI sector, it stated.
The sector witnessed a surge in the number of banking sector firms and private recruiters participating in the placement process with Goldman Sachs being the top recruiter in the category.
The FMCG and Consumer Product firms from the likes of HUL, P&G, ITC, L’oreal, J&J hired in large numbers. Besides, Food & Beverages companies like PepsiCo., Coca Cola, Mondelez, Nestle hired 19 per cent of the batch in Sales & Marketing roles, the release stated.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
And 14 per cent of the batch was hired for leadership roles in conglomerates like Tata Administrative Services, Aditya Birla Group, Mahindra & Mahindra and others. Aditya Birla Group stayed on top as the largest & most consistent recruiter in this domain with the highest number of offers, the release said.
E-commerce witnessed loss of some recruiters, most of them being start-ups. This loss of roles was mostly made up by the increase in Finance & Leadership roles on the campus.
The highest stipend bagged by IIM Calcutta for this summer placement season is Rs 4.5 lakh per month coming from the BFSI sector, it added.
For more education news, click here