The registration process of CMAT 2017 has been extended from December 10 to now December 15. The examination is scheduled to be held on January 28 and January 29. We bring you all the details of the CMAT and why it is an important management admissions test.
The Common Management Admissions Test is a national-level MBA admission test which was launched to reduce the physical, mental and financial stress of students in attending multiple entrance examinations conducted by the institutions for admission to management programmes. There are over 3500 AICTE approved B-schools which are expected to take CMAT scores including JBIMS, Sydenham, KJ Somaiya, IMT and GIM among others.
For general category graduates from any discipline, 50 per cent of marks is required (45 per cent for reserved category students). The students appearing for their final graduate courses examination can also apply.
As many as 25 questions of 100 marks will be asked in each section. These four sections are:
a) Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation:
b) Logical Reasoning
c) Language Comprehension and
d) General Awareness
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The duration of test is 180 minutes which means the sections are not timed individually, and the onus is on the students to manage timing between the sections, while ensuring that they show their competency in all the sections. There are four marks for each correct answer and a negative marking of one mark for every wrong answer.
Both overall test score and the individual sectional scores will determine the result. Those with high overall scores will get better ranks. Ties will be decided based on the performance of the students in the individual sections – those who scored better in quant will get better ranks. Logical reasoning, English comprehension and general awareness follow the quant section in the pecking order to decide a tie.