When the Class XII CBSE results were announced Saturday morning, twins Ankita and Harshita Chauhan found another identical feature — both had scored 93 per cent.
“We cannot get over the fact that our results are the same. Our parents can’t believe it either,” said Ankita. The sisters have been alike in almost everything they do, said their parents.
“Ankita worked very hard and was expecting a higher score than me in the board examinations but our father said we would score equally. When we opened the result, we were shocked to see he was right,” said Harshita.
- Delhi government schools students outshine private counterparts
- CBSE topper 2016: Meet NRI Anushka Gaikwad from Singapore
- Delhi girl tops CBSE Class XII exams, pass percentage in private schools dips
- CBSE class 12 result: Faridabad’s Mudita Jagota tops exam in differently-abled category
- CBSE Class X results,a pleasant surprise
- ICSE and CBSE declare results
The girls studied at DAV Public School, Sector 14. Both scored 95 in Physics and Physical Education. While Harshita scored 87 in English, 93 in Chemistry and 95 in Maths, Ankita scored 93, 95 and 87 respectively.
The duo also scored equal marks in the IIT Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2016, but couldn’t qualify for the advanced examinations. They will now join the same college in Chennai to study software engineering.
The parents are very proud, albeit surprised at how similar their scores turned out to be. “I do not know how to react. It’s amazing as well as shocking. The two have always supported each other and their results reflect the same. We never put pressure on them and always allowed them to follow their path,” said Chauhan, a civil engineer.