Chhattisgarh will soon open an IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) in Bhilai. An agreement, in this regard, has been signed with the government by the Secretary of Chhattisgarh on January 13. The government has allotted 525 acres of land around Kutelabata for the new IIT campus.
The Chhattisgarh Government had identified sites for permanent and temporary campuses for the proposed Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at Bhilai and Naya Raipur respectively.
- IIT campus placements down by over 4%, says HRD Ministry
- BTech (Fail): Empty seats, ghost campuses, unskilled graduates
- Cabinet approves Rs 7,000 crore for construction of six IIT campuses
- Prakash Javadekar inaugurates IIT in Dharwad
- Prakash Javadekar inaugurates Chhattisgarh’s first IIT
- Cabinet approves six new IITs
The Cabinet Minister, Prem Prakaash said that the new batch of IIT will start from 2016 – 17. In the first round of admission in various branches, 180 seats are finalised.
Till the campus become permanent, the temporary operation of the sessions will be conducted in Bhilai new GEC (Government Engineering College), in B – block in Raipur.
For more updates on education, click here