CBSE UGC NET recruitment exam 2017: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is going to conduct the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) on January 22, 2017, the CBSE has stated in a circular published on its official website. The application process will begin from October 17. The last date to apply is November 16.
Start of online application process: October 17, 2016
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Last date of applying online: November 16, 2016
Last date of submitting application fee through bank challan: November 17, 2016
Correction in Particulars of application form on website: November 22, 2016 to November 29, 2016
Date of admit card release: December 21, 2016
Exam date: January 22, 2017
The NET exam is held to shortlist eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship. Candidates are tested on 84 subjects. The exam is held at more than 100 venues across 90 cities identified as NET exam centres.
The application forms for UGC NET 2017 would be available on the official website of the CBSE from October 17, 2017 which is just a few days away. The detailed application details, fee payment method, age limit, eligibility criteria, educational qualification, reservation criteria, etc, would be notified shortly.
Recently, the CBSE had written to the UGC that the commission should take charge of conducting the NET exam as it is putting a lot of burden on the Board due to which it is not able to devote time to its expansion plans. As of now, it is the CBSE who will be conducting the UGC NET exam but the scenario might change next year onwards.
The UGC NET January 2017 exam would be having three papers in all. It is necessary that the candidates attempt all three papers. The first two papers would be of 75 minutes each. The third paper would of 150 minutes.
For more news on education, click here