CBSE Class 12 exams 2017: Maths paper lengthy but not tricky

CBSE class 12 exams 2017: Many found that there was not enough time to complete the paper.

Written by Manasa Durgavajjhala | Noida | Updated: March 20, 2017 8:09 pm
cbse maths paper, CBSE maths paper 2017,cbse, CBSE class 12 exams 2017: Other than the length of the paper, the reactions were varied regarding the level of difficulty.

The CBSE Class 12 mathematics paper was held on Monday, March 20, 2017. Students found the paper pretty “straight forward but lengthy.” Other than the length of the paper, the reactions were varied regarding the level of difficulty.

“I found a number of questions quite difficult and there wasn’t much time to write. I especially found the calculus part quite tough and because I was running out of time, I had to leave a question,” said Ayush Sharma from Somerville School, Noida. Many like him found that there was not enough time to finish the paper.

“The paper wasn’t tough but due to shortage of time, I could not revise the answers which is why I am not confident about the overall marks in maths,” said D Ankita, a student of Ryan International School, Noida.

Read | CBSE Class 12 boards 2017: Business Studies paper had more value-based questions

“The question paper was quite balanced one. The students found it relatively easy. Questions were set according to NCERT.  Some students struggled in some questions. Overall students were quite satisfied,” said Anoop Tiwari, Maths Coordinator VidyaGyan School.

“The CBSE introduced a lot of two-markers in the question paper this year. It made it easier for us,” said Samrat Verma, a class 12 commerce student from Ryan International School, Noida. Many of the students from the science stream were satisfied with how their paper went, despite the lengthy question. However, the students of the science stream had five days to prepare, students in commerce had only three days.

“The questions also required a lot of explanation. That’s what made the paper lengthy. We had to spend a lot of time thinking about the answers,” says Daniyal Abbasi, another student from Somerville School.

The overall reactions were mixed and students have their fingers crossed for lenient examiners, hoping they would grant them good results.

For more stories on CBSE board exams, click here

For all the latest Education News, download Indian Express App

1. V
    Vivek sharma
    Mar 22, 2017 at 6:33 pm
    Please allow us to get 70% instead of 75%
      Mayukh
      Mar 25, 2017 at 7:21 am
      I also wrote the exam this year..i had got set 1. I didn't find it lengthy at all. Infact i was able to finish 15 min before and could also revise my paper. I don't know why everyone is finding it lengthy.
        Mayukh
        Mar 25, 2017 at 7:24 am
          Manasvi kapoor
          Mar 24, 2017 at 2:56 am
          CBSE plz do liberal marking this time as i was really tensed by solving such lengthy paper nd i couldnt complete on time. . I dont know i would be p or fail . On the other hand i need admission in good reputed college.
            Muhammad fanar
            Mar 20, 2017 at 3:01 pm
            CBSE HAS TO CHANGE EXAM DURATION TO 4 HRS ATLEAST CUZ WAT IS THE POINT IN GIVING DIRECT QUESTIONS BUT LENGTHY SO I KINDLY REQUEST TO GIVE LIBERAL CHECKING AND GIVE 15%EXTRA MARKS FOR ALL CHILDREN'S😂😭😭😭😭✌💪lt;br/gt;Follow me on insta muhammad_fanar.lt;br/gt; ONLY HOPE IS ALLAH
            1. J
              JEESAN
              Mar 21, 2017 at 6:25 am
              IT WAS TOUGH AND PLZ... GIVE LIBERAL CHECKING....
              1. J
                Joel
                Mar 20, 2017 at 2:44 pm
                CBSE please give liberal checking. Please I am begging you.
                  MANU
                  Mar 21, 2017 at 10:11 am
                  PLEASE GIVE LIBERAL CHECKING TO ALL STUDENTS I AM BEGGING YOU lt;br/gt;FOR MATHS AND PHYSICS