The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of an Indian Institute of Management school in Jammu on Thursday among other approvals that were cleared. News agency ANI reports that the announcement of the establishment of an IIM in Jammu comes as part of PM Narendra Modi’s development package for Jammu and Kashmir.
What Else Is Making News?
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Following the unrest in Kashmir after the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani by security forces, PM Modi promised commitment towards a peaceful solution in the state by ensuring welfare among the people through his Jammu and Kashmir development package. In an all-party meeting in August to discuss the violence in Kashmir, PM Modi had announced a development package of more than Rs 80 thousand
In an all-party meeting in August to discuss the violence in Kashmir, PM Modi had announced a development package of more than Rs 80 thousand crore in consultation with the Jammu and Kashmir Government for all round development in the state. It included
The development package included better facility for education of children, employment to youths, modern facility for treatment, facilities for promotion of tourism in the state and special arrangements for production of fruits in the State.
Among other approvals that the Cabinet cleared were the redevelopment of residential colonies at West Ansari Nagar and Ayur Vigyan Nagar Campuses of AIIMS, New Delhi. Cabinet also approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India & Hungary on cooperation in water management and an MoU between India and Russia on expansion of bilateral trade and economic cooperation.
For more news on education, click here