An enquiry has been launched into allegations levelled by a woman doctor pursuing MD course at Goa Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) here that her result has been held back as her seniors have asked for a bribe of Rs 1 lakh to release it.
“I have asked Goa Medical College and Hospital to submit me the detailed report within a week. This kind of act, if at all happened, is not acceptable,” State Health Minister Francis D’Souza told reporters today.
The lady doctor recently complained to the Dean, GMCH, and Health Department claiming that her MD (Doctor of Medicine) result has been withheld as a senior doctor in skin department has been demanding a bribe of Rs 1 lakh to release it.
She stated in her letter that she was asked to pay money or that she would be failed. She also claimed that she was asked to do difficult shifts and exposed to harmful infection despite being
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“We have received instructions from Health department to initiate inquiry and submit the report,” a senior GMCH official confirmed on November 1. He also conceded that result of one student in skin department has indeed been held back, “but the reason behind withholding it could be ascertained only after talking to the concerned persons.”