CONTINUING ITS crackdown on errant schools and intermediate colleges following the twin scams of toppers and affiliation, which surfaced earlier this year, the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Tuesday cancelled the affiliation of 68 schools.
With nine institutions’ affiliation cancelled earlier, in all affiliations of 77 schools and inter-colleges stand cancelled now.
The Board had earlier suspended affiliation of 144 schools, out of 165 inspected. It had given these institutions 15 days to explain why their affiliation should not be cancelled.
“The Board, which is scrutinising replies to the show-cause notices issued to schools that were suspended earlier, did not find replies of 68 inter colleges and schools, and cancelled their affiliation,” said BSEB chairman Anand Kishor. It is possible that more institutions from the list may lose affiliation, he said. “We are now waiting for inspection report of 28 schools — 21 from Vaishali district and seven from Saran district,” Kishor added.
All 212 schools and inter-colleges that were granted affiliation by the BSEB during the tenure of Lalkeshwar Prasad Singh as its chief, are being inspected. One of the key accused of the toppers’ and affiliation scam, Singh, is in jail at present.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
For more news on education, click here