The government of Arunachal Pradesh has asked the seven private universities in the state to abide by the norms and guidelines set by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). The instructions were decided upon during a review meeting for the functioning of the private universities in the state. The meeting, held at Directorate of Higher & Technical Education in Itanagar yesterday, was chaired by the state education minister Honchun Ngandam.
Watch What Else Is Making News?
At present, the seven private universities operational in the state are – Arunachal University of Studies at Namsai, Apex Professional University at Pasighat, North Eastern Technical University at Aalo, Himalayan University at Chimpu near Itanagar, Indira Gandhi Technology & Medical Science University at Ziro, Venkateswara Open University at Lekhi and Arunodaya University at Jollang.
The varsities were also directed to verify their credibility in quality education and refrain from unfair or illegal practices as often reported from private universities across the country. In addition to this, they were instructed to come up with permanent infrastructures for running their universities as well.
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
Teaching standards and quality of education in these universities was also highlighted in the meeting. It was suggested that the faculty recruited should be better in terms of qualification and experience. In order to recruit qualified faculties, they should be provided with good salaries, it was noted.
The government said that its focus will be education quality instead of permitting mushrooming of private educational institutions in Arunachal Pradesh. The state government is mulling over putting forth a Bill in the next Assembly session to for regulating the functioning of private universities in the state.
The government asked the varsities to avoid running off-campus study centres or distance education learning in compliance with UGC guidelines.
Ngandam said that all possible support will be given to private varsities so that they can function smoothly. He also promised to review the appointment of heads of some of the upcoming institutions.
For more education news, click here