AIIMS MBBS 2017 topper Nishita Purohit stayed off social media for two years

Like many studious students, Nitisha Purohit dedicated around five hours for self studies, apart from six to seven hours of study in school and institute.

By: Express Web Desk | New Delhi | Published:June 15, 2017 7:15 pm
aiims topper, aiims result 2017, Nishita Purohit, aiims result Nishita Purohit with her family. (Facebook grab)

All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) declared the result of MBBS examination and 18-year-old Nishita Purohit from Surat (Gujarat) has secured AIR 1. Her father is an IIT alumnus and is currently the president of a private firm in Odisha. Her mother is a homemaker who has done graduation in pharmacy.

Purohit aspires to become a cardiac surgeon and wish to appear for UPSC Civil Services exam. “Even I was in a state of shock when I first saw the result and matched my roll number twice for the confirmation. Since childhood, it was my dream to become a cardiac surgeon. But, I have kept other options open and will also try for the UPSC exams,” she said excitedly. Read | Gujarat’s Nishita Purohit is the topper

Like many studious students, Nitisha dedicated around five hours for self studies, apart from six to seven hours of study in school and institute. “It is like a dream come true. I dedicate my entire time to studies. I didn’t watch television for a year and was not in contact of any social media. I became little isolated and focused entirely on my studies,” she said.

Purohit found support in family and teachers. To sharpen her knowledhe, she joined a private coaching institute in Kota. Purohit even scored 91.4 percent marks in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 12 board this year.

Apart from her excellent academic record, Purohit is also a national-level basketball player.

With inputs from PTI

For all the latest Education News, download Indian Express App

Preshit Agarwal
    Jun 16, 2017 at 12:33 pm
    In this you have written that she goes to school and ins ute for 6 hours but how can this be possible . I think she took dummy admission and studied 6 hours in the coaching ins ute rather going to school. Then its obvious she would have got time to study more than the students who go to school regularly. This is a very bad and government should take action on taking dummy admission. Every child in kota take dummy admission and thays the reason why they are topping the examination bcz the children who are going to school are tend to waste the 6 hrs as school does nothing. Seriously government should ban these dummy admission.
    1. V
      V.Manjunatha Sharma
      Jun 16, 2017 at 9:24 am
      Congratulations to Nitisha Purohit.we want to honour this winner on behalf of Viswavaahini, a platform for innovation in Tamil Nadu. Our email: viswavaahini Mobile:8807358706 V.Manjunatha Sharma
        Modi.Ki.Jai
        Jun 16, 2017 at 6:02 am
        I am so proud he is a Brahmin. I am so proud I am a Brahmin. India comes next.
        1. B
          Buddha
          Jun 16, 2017 at 10:10 am
          I am a Brahmin too and I am ashamed to be from the same caste as you. India will always come first for me.
          Shabbir
          Jun 16, 2017 at 12:34 am
          I am sure you and your parents would be proud of you and myself beign Indian am proud too. Keep the excellent work.